On this page, we will present Black Friday statistics, trends, and how much people spend.
Business owners often have doubts about Black Friday’s potential as it is hard to find all the details, that’s why, we have curated all these insights like Black Friday Stats, Black Friday customer spending, and much more by arranging surveys and some from other sources.
If you’re planning to provide Black Friday deals to your customer these statistics might helps you and give you more insight into your Black Friday and Cyber Monday Business.
We’ll cover the following topics here:
- Black Friday Statistics
- Black Friday Trends
- Black Friday Spendings
- Black Friday Popular Selling Category
- Black Friday Prediction
- Black Friday Tips for Online Business
Are you excited to know all these Black Friday or cyber week stats, numbers & trends?
Okay, let’s jump into it and get some ideas for your next Black Friday marketing strategies.
Black Friday Statistics, Trends & Spending
Every year Black Friday craze steadily grows and is one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
Here we’ve listed some interesting Black Friday statistics, that might help you to start deals on your online business.
1. Black Friday shopping sales hit $8.9 billion last year.
2. During Black Friday 2021, People shopped more online than in brick-and-mortar stores. 142.2 million have shopped online, whereas only 124 million people shopped from the store.
(Source: The National Retail Federation)
3. Physical store visits decreased by 6.2% in 2021, People now looking more for online.
(Source: Shopper Trak)
4. 61% of people plan to purchase on Black Friday during cyber week. Which is obviously more than thanksgiving and cyber Monday. (Source: Black Friday)
6. 69% of shopping on Shopify made through mobile phones on Black Friday, and 31% were made through computers or laptops. (Source: Salesforce)
7. Average 37% Discount provided by companies during Black Friday deals. (Source: The Balance)
8. $400 average spend per person recorded on Black Friday 2021, and it’s increasing more each year. The average spends on black Friday is more than Cyber Monday. (Source: Market Watch)
9. Clothing is the number #1 category that dominates others on black Friday. Average of more than 41% of shopping done for clothing products. (Source: Pymnts)
10. Electronics is the #2 highest-selling category during Black Friday. an included product like a laptop, PC, tablet, video games, TV, and other accessories. (Source: Black Friday Deals Point)
Black Friday Statistics Infographic
Black Friday Statistics FAQs
According to one study, more than 154 million people shop on Black Friday. In fact, this number is growing every year because everyone likes having discounts on their shopping. So they tend to well prepare to buy heavily on Black Friday. This is a great chance for all types of businesses to cut out their price and accumulate sales in quality and new customers.
As per one survey from retailers, it can be found that the average percent off during Black Friday hovered between 30% – 50% depending upon brand and products. Of course, it mostly depends upon what kind of product you’re buying for some categories it is quite high and for some it is low. But, the average we noticed was about 30% on any kind of retail products. Discounts for Black Friday are often very high in software and web hosting products as companies offer 50% to even 90% OFF.
United States consumers spent around $8.9 billion during last year’s Black Friday 2021, Which was a bit down as compared to 2021 Black Friday sales. As per our survey, we noticed that spending by people is very different based on their income level. In higher income brackets people spend around $1806.99. Which was almost thrice of lower income lever spending.
Black Friday has changed drastically for many decades. However, as more and more people are now aware of this shopping day the sales during Black Friday have been constantly rising. Also, shopping patterns and modes of shopping also taken turns from offline to online. But, the offline traditional way is quite popular.
Retail stores make a huge amount of money even after providing discounts on their products. They use strategy to sell a combination of less and highly profitable products to make a hefty profit in just 1 day. Although, the exact number of retailers’ profits is not known as it depends on many different aspects.
It is recommended to send Black Friday promotion email 15 days prior to Black Friday to spread out the offer widely and also help shoppers to be well prepared for shopping. It would be more enticing if the company started offering 1-3 days before the actual Black Friday as it distinguishes your offer from competitors.
Black Friday shopping began in 1966 when the first time it was recorded and after this, it kept growing, today it is one of the prominent days for shopping all over the world.
There are numerous benefits of Black Friday for businesses such as collecting huge revenue, marketing new products, acquiring new customers, and much more. It is often used as a hook by many businesses to pitch their other products.
As per our observation from different reports, surveys and studies it is forecasted that Black Friday sales will continue to grow and it will cross the $10 billion mark by 2023. It is the only day when people shop as much as possible to save maximum.
Cyber week every year helps many businesses to be in profit, especially on black Friday. Every year Black Friday shopping stats increases, even more than cyber Monday and thanksgiving.
If you’re a retailer or business owner start preparing for these black Friday deals in advance so, your deals could reach more people.
Provide an appealing discount so the buyer not even thinks twice and takes action on the spot.
Lastly, the most important make sure to put more emphasis on online sales as its stats grow every year.
We hope you like our Black Friday statistics and trend and have some ideas or insights to make your Black Friday and Cyber Monday strategy.
let us know in a comment below what’s your thought and prediction on black Friday stats.